Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ohayo Gozaimasu

Good Morning(Ohayo Gozaimasu),
Soon, posts will be provided in Japanese & French too. It has been almost 3 years that i have not looked into Japanese lessons. I have decided to spend 2 hours every week and later make this blogspot multi-lingual. I will also share some important phrases while i re-visit it.

Here, we go...
Let me start with the basic info about Japanese. It has 3 scripting languages - kanji, hiragana and katakana. And interestingly, they address the people-name with the family name followed by the first name & finally the Mr/Miss.

Lets start with few simple greetings & expressions that we do in our daily life :-
Ohayo Gozaimasu -> Formal way of Good Morning
Ohayo -> Informal way of Hello (Japanese people mostly dont like this type)
Konichi Wa -> Good Afternoon
Konban Wa -> Good Evening
Oyasumi Nasai -> Good Night
Hajimemashite -> Nice to Meet you
Hai -> Yes
Yoroshii -> Good/Nice (Formal)
Dozo -> Please
Sumimasen -> Excuse me
Sayonara -> Bye

Let me introduce you to few of the pronouns also :-
Watashi -> I
Anata -> You

Little bit of Grammer too :-
Desu -> iam, tobe , you
ka -> are

No comments:

Post a Comment